Brutscher, Foley, Milliner, Land & Kelly started in 1950 with sole practitioner, George J. Brutscher, at 213 East State Street, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. Mr. Brutscher focused on serving clients in Chester County in the areas of family law, land development, municipal law, estate planning and civil litigation. He also was very active in the legal community, and served as President of the Chester County Bar Association in 1964.
In November, 1970, Mr. Brutscher was joined in the firm by his son, George A. Brutscher. Edward M. Foley joined the firm in 1982, having previously practiced in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. In 1985, Mr. Foley became a partner and the firm became known as Brutscher, Brutscher & Foley.
Clare L. Milliner joined the firm in July, 1989 and focused her practice in the area of family law and Orphan’s Court matters. Neil E. Land joined the firm in January, 1993. Mr. Land focuses his practice in the areas of business law and litigation, estate planning, administration and orphan’s court matters, land development and municipal clients.
In 2004, Clare Milliner and Neil Land became partners and the firm continued its practice under the name Brutscher, Foley, Milliner & Land, LLP. In 2008, George A. Brutscher passed away after a very brief illness. Jeffrey P. Bryman joined the firm in November, 2008, concentrating his practice on real estate and construction. Stephen J. Kelly joined the firm in January, 2014 and specializes in criminal defense, plaintiffs personal injury, and family law. In 2019, Mr. Kelly became a partner.
The practice continues to be located at 213 East State Street, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, the site of Mr. Brutscher’s original practice. It remains a significant presence in the community of Chester County, Pennsylvania.
- Trial Run 5k (benefits Legal Aid of Chester County)
- Willowdale Steeplechase
- Kennett Area YMCA “Good Kids” Campaign
- Oxford Area Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament
- Historic Kennett Square’s “Light up the Square”
- Brandywine Polo Club
- Crime Victim’s Center of Chester County
- Kennett Area Theatrical Society (“KATS”)
- Kennett Fire Company No. 1
- Kennett Park and Recreation Board Athletic Leagues
- Kennett Area YMCA Golf Outing
- New Garden Township Golf Outing
- Joseph & Sarah Carter Community Development Corporation
- The Kennett Run